ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
I understand, agree, warrant and covenant as follows: I acknowledge that this athletic event is an extreme test of a person's physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of athletes, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, and event monitors, and/or producers of the event, and lack of hydration. These risks are not only inherent to athletics, but are also present for volunteers. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating &/or volunteering in this event. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained or controlled by them or because of their possible liability without fault. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in the event and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability (AWRL) form will be used by the event holders, sponsors and organizers, in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said events. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) Waive, Release and Discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me or my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: All governmental entities, Cyclists for Cultural Exchange, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, the event holders, event sponsors, event directors, event volunteers, and co-participants; (B) Indemnify and Hold Harmless the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during this event. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and or illness during this event. I understand that at this event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers and or assigns. This AWRL shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. I hereby certify that I have read this document; and, I understand its content.
RIDE PARTICIPANT CONDITIONS:
STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER XXIX
1. Riders cited by law enforcement officials for violating the California Vehicle Code or Santa Cruz County regulation will be automatically disqualified, and violations could result in enforcement action against the participant.
2. Ride participants must abide by all applicable State and local vehicular laws. This includes riding as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of roadway. Bicyclists riding more than one abreast shall yield to vehicular traffic.
3. Certain obstacles exist along the roadways which could cause injury to riders. Attention is hereby directed to the many sign posts, utilities, curbs, medians, guardrails, retaining walls, pavement markings, delineators, barricades, road bumps, etc.
4. Paper cup, food wrappers, or any other trash generated by ride participants must be disposed of in the receptacles provided by the ride organizers at the designated rest stops.
5. Ride participants should use the restroom facilities provided by the ride organizers at the designated rest stops.